We All Fall Down

I host We All Fall Down every Thursday, from 13.00-14.00(PT) on 101.9fm CiTR in Vancouver.

Call the on-air studio for requests at 604-822-2487.

Download show podcasts from www.citr.ca or through iTunes.

Interviews with bands are played on air and the transcript can usually be found in ION Magazine. My show reviews and photos appear in Discorder Magazine.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

We All Fall Down, June 10th, 2010

I was really excited about this week’s show. Last Friday I did the interview with Thomas Barnett (the lead singer for Strike Anywhere) and this Thursday I played clips of this interview on air. Thomas is a really nice person! For me it was an honor to talk to a member of the band which I really like. I was really impressed with our conversation. Outside the interview we talked about different topics and the things Thomas was saying made me confident that he really believes in what he sings about. That sounds obvious, isn’t it? But sometimes when I listen to some hardcore bands, it sounds to me that they sing about political topics, just because being a part of hardcore scene they “need” to have lyrics with political context. Thomas really believes in the words he says and I respect that.

In the interview, Thomas was talking about the song “Indian Summer” by Canadian band One Blood. I really wanted to play this song on the show and it took me 5 days to find this song, and thanks to all the people who helped me, I was able to play this amazing song on the show. Luca, xitooo, Stephe, thank you so much for all you help!



AGAINST ME! - Because You’re Young (Cock Sparrer cover) [Daytrotter Session]
STAY HOME - Grand 95 [Cake EP]
!ATTENTION! - Four Or Five Ways To Play These Chords [Four Or Five Ways To Play These Chords]
OFF WITH THEIR HEADS - ZZYZX [In Desolation]
RIVERDALES - Diabolik [Tarantula]
Interview with Thomas Barnett (Strike Anywhere), part 1
STRIKE ANYWHERE - Orphan Age [Iron Front EP]
Interview with Thomas Barnett (Strike Anywhere), part 2
INQUISITION - Warning [Uproar: Live and Loud!]
Interview with Thomas Barnett (Strike Anywhere), part 3
ONE BLOOD - Indian Summer [Building a World of Prosperity with the Efficiency of the Free Enterprise System]
Interview with Thomas Barnett (Strike Anywhere), part 4
DEFEATER - Singin’ New York Town [Lost Ground]


(download the episode) mediafire
(listen to the episode online) click

FULL INTERVIEW WITH THOMAS:
(download the interview) mediafire
(listen to the interview online) click

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home