We All Fall Down

I host We All Fall Down every Thursday, from 13.00-14.00(PT) on 101.9fm CiTR in Vancouver.

Call the on-air studio for requests at 604-822-2487.

Download show podcasts from www.citr.ca or through iTunes.

Interviews with bands are played on air and the transcript can usually be found in ION Magazine. My show reviews and photos appear in Discorder Magazine.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Celebration of The Real McKenzies!

Hello Hello Hello my friends!

Todays show was focused on one band - The Real McKenzies. I wanted to do a show dedicated to this amazing band for a while. Firstly, because I absolutely love them and secondly, there is a great reason - this week The Real McKenzies have played two shows at the Media Club, March 10th and 11th.

I had a small chat over the phone with Gord Taylor, the bagpipes player in the band. He told us about their upcoming Canadian tour, logistics of the band and (!!!finally!!!) that The Real McKenzies are in the process of recording brand new studio album and they are planning to get it all together by the begging of 2012!

I also played songs by the band The Enigmas. The Enigmas were a group that formed in early 1982 in Vancouver, British Columbia and Paul McKenzie was lead singer and saxophonist of the band. Their records are pretty rare, but we have them at the library @ CiTR. I obviously jumped on this chance to share their music with the listeners!



THE REAL MCKENZIES - Chip [Off The Leash]
THE REAL MCKENZIES - Nessie [Shine Not Burn]
THE REAL MCKENZIES - Drink The Way I Do [Shine Not Burn]
THE REAL MCKENZIES - 10000 Shots [Shine Not Burn]
THE REAL MCKENZIES - Scots Wha’ Ha’e [Clash Of The Tartans]
THE REAL MCKENZIES - Lest We Forget [Oot & Aboot]
THE REAL MCKENZIES - Whiskey Scotch Whiskey [Loch’d & Loaded]
THE REAL MCKENZIES - Pour Decisions [10000 Shots]
THE REAL MCKENZIES - I Hate My Band [10000 Shots]
THE ENIGMAS - Teenage Barnacle [The Enigmas]
THE ENIGMAS - Pancho Villa [The Enigmas]
THE ENIGMAS - Windshield Wiper [Strangely Wild]
THE REAL MCKENZIES - Bugger Off [10000 Shots]


(download) mediafire
(listen online) click

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home